none
Exch 2007 script help RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list of users with the current primary smtp address and secondary address. I need to make the secondary address as primary in bulk using a csv file. The secondary address already exists on the users exchange mail account and just need to make it primary.

Could not see anything online to make existing secondary smtp address as primary using a csv. Also is there particular fields I need in the csv file e.g. displayname or login name?, these values are not changing.

Thanks

Monday, January 28, 2013 10:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

if it is for all the users, why cant you change the priority of email address policy. make secondary email address policy to 1, it will apply by itself.

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/managing-email-address-policies.html

Kottees : My Blog : Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.

Monday, January 28, 2013 10:12 PM
  • 1. you can create at top level

2. Arrange OU's according to your requirement like put all those OU into single OU then create a EAP for that.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

if it is for all the users, why cant you change the priority of email address policy. make secondary email address policy to 1, it will apply by itself.

http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/managing-email-address-policies.html

Monday, January 28, 2013 10:12 PM
  • This is for selected users iin AD which are in different OU's so makes it difficult to apply policy
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:50 AM
  • 1. you can create at top level

2. Arrange OU's according to your requirement like put all those OU into single OU then create a EAP for that.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:13 AM