desktop is not C:\users\username\desktop anymore! How can I restore? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I do not know how this happened but instead of being the normal path C:\users\username\desktop my desktop is connected to D:\ (second partition) and this is not what I want...

Is there a possibility to restore the traditional desktop path? Could it be that a virus damaged/changed the desktop path?

What strikes me is that the path C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Micrsoft\Windows\Star Menu is however existent!

And if there is someone that understands this chaos: There is another strange thing. In the user profile folder no Folder with the denomination MyDocuments appears BUT 4x Local Disk (D:\)

Where is the folder MyDocuments usually found (path)?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:09 AM

Answers

1. Go into %userprofile%
    2. Right click on 'Desktop'
    3. Select 'Properties'
    4. Select 'Location'
    5. Select 'Restore Default'
    6. It should put your desktop back where it belongs.
    7. Select 'Apply'

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ” How to ask a question that is fixable.

• Marked as answer by janaaaa Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:30 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 9:19 PM

All replies

1. Go into %userprofile%
    2. Right click on 'Desktop'
    3. Select 'Properties'
    4. Select 'Location'
    5. Select 'Restore Default'
    6. It should put your desktop back where it belongs.
    7. Select 'Apply'

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ” How to ask a question that is fixable.

• Marked as answer by janaaaa Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:30 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 9:19 PM
  • Many thanks for the answer but that was whole problem. There is no such path as user profile desktop. Right click on Desktop and Properties shows as location: D:\ and when I couldn't restore any default.
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:33 AM