none
Moving Exchange 2010 to another physical location & subnet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I'm planning on physically moving a physical Exchange 2010 server with DC from one location  to another. As a result, the internal and external IP addresses will be changing. pls. help me what steps i required to do these changes.

Thanks 

Sunit

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:18 AM

Answers

• Your Exchange server is installed on a DC?  Instead of moving it, I would build a new Exchange server in the new location on a member server and then move mailboxes, public folders, connectors and other services to it. That way you would kill two birds with one stone.

Sorry, but these forums are not a place to provide consulting services.  I recommend that you search the Internet for information about your task and put together your own plan.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 5:24 PM

All replies

• Your Exchange server is installed on a DC?  Instead of moving it, I would build a new Exchange server in the new location on a member server and then move mailboxes, public folders, connectors and other services to it. That way you would kill two birds with one stone.

Sorry, but these forums are not a place to provide consulting services.  I recommend that you search the Internet for information about your task and put together your own plan.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 5:24 PM
  • Hi,

Installing exchange on a DC is not recommended by Microsoft.

I suggest you should follow Ed's suggestion to create a new exchange server.

About your question,I have found a helpful article for your reference:

https://community.spiceworks.com/people/jward/projects/moving-exchange-2010-to-a-new-data-center

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,
    David

Thursday, June 9, 2016 2:26 AM