none
FIM 2010 SQL MA - Multi Valued Tables RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

i'm having a small issue trying to sync a multi valued attribute to my fim portal

here's the config :

2 SQL Tables :

Table 1 : has users and their personal information

View 1 : is a view i created that assembles the User ID, and User BusinessUnit --> this a multi valued view where each user can have multiple BUs

i think i followed the correct guidelines but i'm getting "invalid-attribute-value"errors on my import

the details sais that "The Attribute is not configured as a multi-value attribute"

what did i miss ? :s 

thanks a lots for any help and for more help here is a snapshot of my config

Hitch Bardawil

Friday, April 24, 2015 11:42 AM

Answers

• ok i'm replying to myself :)

but managed to make it ork and the issue was the the attribute name that we enter must be the same as the one in your view !

Hitch Bardawil

• Marked as answer by HitchB52 Friday, April 24, 2015 12:52 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 12:52 PM

All replies

• ok i'm replying to myself :)

but managed to make it ork and the issue was the the attribute name that we enter must be the same as the one in your view !

Hitch Bardawil

• Marked as answer by HitchB52 Friday, April 24, 2015 12:52 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 12:52 PM
  • Hi

your description of the multi-value view seems have an error. The best description on how multi-value tables must be configured can be found here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc708679(v=ws.10).aspx

you need one line with three parts of information: the anchor (i.e. employeeID), the attributeName (i.e. businessUnit in your case) AND the attributeValue (i.e. sales or marketing)

It seems your view misses the attributeName?

Henry

Friday, April 24, 2015 12:54 PM
  • hey henry

thats what i did but did not notice that in the multivalue thingy in FIM, the attribute you create must have the same name as the one in the DB view !

anyway, all done now thanks 

Hitch Bardawil

Friday, April 24, 2015 2:20 PM