How to add a folder to 'Save As' window left pane items? RRS feed

• Question

• hi all guys!

i want to change 2 major things in my windows 7...

first and the most important to me is to be able to solve this task... i create and save lots of pics and wanna create a 'My Folder' to a general save as window's left pane like this:   http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5559/41121926.jpg

i think my problem's solution is to edit w7's registry but no clue where can i find the reg that contains the list...

second is similar but not as important as the first... i want to do same thing but in explorer... i know that i can add my folder to favorites, but i want to add my folder separated like this:   http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7499/97215257.jpg

thanks for any replies.
    Monday, October 5, 2009 12:45 AM

All replies

• thanks for the quick reply, i've tried but didn't work :S
    Monday, October 5, 2009 2:48 AM
  • Hi Rcane,

I did 2 hours test and still haven't found a solution. :(

I will contact my colleagues to check if they can offer any help.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 6:10 AM
  • oh :), thanks so much, i know my case is a 'bit' unique, i've tried some 'tricks' (little registry, shortcut creation)  but still didn't find any useful solution... thank you again ;)
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:31 AM
  • Still no a solution on the question. I will report it as a feature request to our feedback team.

Thanks.
    Friday, October 9, 2009 8:15 AM
  • thanks for your effort, i really need some solution, in fact windows 7 should have an option to add custom folders to where i showed not just to favorites and libraries... libraries isn't a real solution because i have network drives and i should synchronise them to add to libraries because indexing them but lots of gigs and i change the drives too often... unindexed folders can not be added to libraries... favorites is a probable solution but just for the 2. problem...

so, unique case but i think this is important for all power or semi-power users... and todays more and more users are become to a power-like user because the internet and the easy access to lots of sources...
    Friday, October 9, 2009 9:48 PM
  • and as addendum and to be correct i can acces the favorites places in the 1. case through Desktop -> [USER NAME] -> Favorites

i know i shouldn't screech anymore but guys... if you really WORK and like to work fast and efficient this 3 secs (minimum) additional browsing in a massive file editing with lots of files is a really time loss...

but this is just my opinion ;)
    Friday, October 9, 2009 9:56 PM