Skype for Business gets On Hold when receiving any Windows notification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I'm using Skype for Business and Windows 10 with Office 365. Every time I'm in a call with Skype for Business, and a 'Skype IM' or 'Outlook mail' notification pops up, my call enters automatically into ON HOLD status and I'm not able to reconnect the call, so I miss it. What can be going on? How can I modify this, so the notifications do not interrupt my call? My colleagues have the same software and they do not have this issue. The only way to take a call without being interrupted is to set Do Not Disturb status on Skype for Business and close the e-mails, so no new e-mails arrive.

Thanks in advance!

Carol

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Carol,

According to your description, this issue only occurred for you. I guess this issue may be related to the cache files or windows systems.

For this issue, I suggest you could do the following:

1. Try to delete the cache files as below:

SFB client cache file: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX

SFB Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX

2. perform a clean boot to disable all non-Microsoft services for testing:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Friday, July 19, 2019 7:27 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi Carol,

Is there any update for this issue? 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 1:34 AM