Script to SILENTLY Uninstall Chromium Edge BETA or DEV RRS feed

• Question

• Do you have a script (PS or CMD) to uninstall CrEdge Beta?

I am ready to deploy the RTM version of CrEdge, but that install does NOT uninstall the Beta or Dev versions which I have on dozens of Win10 64bit PC's.  

I have read and tried many solutions, including PDQ's uninstaller and https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/enterprise/silent-and-unattended-uninstall-for-edge-insider-browser/m-p/767354 but none actually uninstall the beta or dev versions without user interaction.

After 2 hours playing with this, I need a break and figure someone must already have a solution to this.

Thanks.

Ian Matthews www.urtech.ca www.commodore.ca

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:56 PM

All replies

• Each version of Edge are stand alone and must be uninstalled individually.  Multiple versions can be used at the same time.

Get-AppxPackage  Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Remove-AppxPackage -WhatIf

\_(ツ)_/

• Proposed as answer by BOfH-666 Tuesday, February 11, 2020 11:40 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2020 11:31 PM
  • That makes sense but I cannot see just the DEV client.  If I try to remove MICORSOFTEDGEDEVTOOLSCLIENT it tells me that is part of the OS:

There must be an easy way to script the uninstall of BETA, DEV or CANARY, but I am stuck right now.

Thoughts?

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:26 PM
  • That is correct.  You cannot remove that version.

\_(ツ)_/

• Proposed as answer by jrv Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:36 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2020 5:49 PM
  • I want / need to remove the BETA, DEV and CANARY versions but they are not showing in GET-APPPACKAGE *EDGE*.  

Back to the original question, do you know how to uninstall BETA, DEV and CANARY via script (PowerShell or CMD)?

Thanks,

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:35 PM