none
Windows Hello on a Domain

Question

• Greetings Microsoft Community, 

This system is running windows 10 pro on a windows server 2016 domain. I have enabled the settings required in the GPO so that I should be able to use fingerprint sign on but it still doesn't allow me to set up fingerprint sign on.

Things I have tried:

.../Windows Components/Windows Hello For Business/ Use biometrics => Enabled

.../Windows Components/System/Biometrics -> Enabled

.../System/Logon/ Turn on convenience PIN sign-in => Enabled

.../Windows Components/Biometrics/ Allow domain users to log on using biometrics => Enabled 

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Ike

Friday, July 13, 2018 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Maybe this can help you:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/84a0bd50-1360-4a94-bfb3-b049ecace521/pin-and-fingerprint-signin-options-unavailable-greyed-out-in-windows-10-1607-enterprise?forum=win10itprogeneral

Regards,

Friday, July 13, 2018 3:04 PM
  • Greetings,

I have tried that and it is set yet the fingerprint option is still greyed out. Is this a Windows 10 bug?

Thank you,
    • Edited by Ike1431 Monday, July 16, 2018 3:21 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2018 3:21 PM
  • Greetings,

I don't understand why people are having to do a regedit to make this "feature" work properly in windows 10.

Its like buying a new car but the keys only work to start the car. To actually open the door to get into the car you are going to have to install new locks on the doors.

Are the fine people at Microsoft working on fixing this issue?

Regards,

Monday, July 16, 2018 4:07 PM