Changing inbound number to valid lync number on sip trunk into mediation server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a sip trunk built from my mediation server to an outsource call center. When the call center needs to transfer a call to me they use the sip trunk that built between us. When they transfer calls to us across the trunk they use a non-lync number. I am trying to take the incoming call which is being delievered via e.164 format to lync and translate it to a valid lync number to complete the call. Does anyone know if this is possible in Lync or is this a limitation. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:05 PM

Answers

• What determines the fake number sent to Lync?  I don't see a way to convert the fake number to a completely different number dynamically.  Unless there are some similar digits, such as +11112223333 and normalize it to +12815549933.  So you would create a rule to strip out all but the last 2 digits and replace them with the valid digits.  What you read is incorrect, if a number (E.164 or not) matches a specific rule it will normalize however you specify.

If the number sent to Lync is always the same maybe you could set up a response group to answer the calls?  I don't know very much about your environment though.

• Proposed as answer by Santosh_More Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, August 22, 2011 1:26 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:35 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure I read everything correctly but E.164 is a valid Lync number.  Either way, in this case you would use Lync Dial Plans to normalize incoming numbers to numbers that match your configuration.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398922.aspx

Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:27 AM
  • Ok i understand but here is the topology. Call Center has sip trunk into lync. When the call center transfers a call to lync they use a fake call routing number to route the call to the sip trunk. Example when call gets transfered across the sip trunk lync get an invite +11112223333 which is not a valid lync user number. I need to translate the E.164 number I recieve on the inbound call to a valid lync user number like +12815549999. This trunk between the call center and lync are only used for inbound calling. All other traffic would use the other sip trunk configured to the PSTN. I have tried to use dial plans to change the inbound number to a valid lync number but no luck. I have also read that if lync receives a valid E.164 number it bypasses the translation rules in the dial plans. Please let me know if this explaination clears things up. I have tested that if I assigned +11112223333 the fake number to a lync user the call works, but the requirement is to have the fake number tralsated into a valid lync number on inbound calls from the sip trunk between the call center and the lync server. Please let me know your thoughts.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:44 AM
  • What determines the fake number sent to Lync?  I don't see a way to convert the fake number to a completely different number dynamically.  Unless there are some similar digits, such as +11112223333 and normalize it to +12815549933.  So you would create a rule to strip out all but the last 2 digits and replace them with the valid digits.  What you read is incorrect, if a number (E.164 or not) matches a specific rule it will normalize however you specify.

If the number sent to Lync is always the same maybe you could set up a response group to answer the calls?  I don't know very much about your environment though.

• Proposed as answer by Santosh_More Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, August 22, 2011 1:26 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:35 AM
  • If a numbe is delivered as E.164, you cannot apply any normalization rules to manipulate the number. If the number is delivered without the +, you can then normalize with a rule.
    • Proposed as answer by jeffcsp Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:50 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:50 PM