none
Submit task and cost through timesheet (single entry) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to submit costs to a project using the section timesheet? Is it further possible to create an activity in the timesheet model and submit it to a project, preferably containing costs. I don't want this to have to be approved, but rather go automatically into the project.

Would this be possible and any suggestions or best practices?

Our server is configured to single entry.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thursday, March 22, 2018 7:39 PM

All replies

• Henrik --

The PM would need to assign Expense Cost resources to the tasks in question to track non-labor costs, and then the PM would need to enter the Actual Cost information for the Expense Cost resource manually in the Microsoft Project schedule.  It is not possible to accomplish this using the Timesheet page in PWA.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, March 23, 2018 5:33 PM
  • Hi Dale,

Is it possible to use task and to add fields to ensure it's working that way?

I'm trying to find any way to simply track a cost on task level which is aggregated to the project level.

There must be a simple way?

Monday, April 23, 2018 4:58 PM
  • Henrik --

Refer to my previous answer.  You would need to use enterprise Expense Cost resources in your project.  You could assign each Expense Cost resource to one or more tasks in the schedule so that these expenses would roll up to the project level.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, April 23, 2018 5:03 PM