Users have to decline external call twice RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a standard infrastructure with a Lync 2010 standard FE server, a Mediation server and an Edge server (and a reverse proxy of course).

The Gateway is a Cisco CUCM 8.5 and all hardware phones are Cisco phones. The Cisco extension are on 3 digits and the Lync extensions on 5 digit without overlap.

All calls received by the Cisco CUCM are dual-forked to the Lync number of the user.

The Direct SIP trunk is configured and seem to run well.

Call can be received on both soft and hard devices.

But I have a strange behavior on Decline (Pop-up on the Lync Client)

1. A user have to Decline the call twice, the first time a 603 Decline is send but seem to be ignored by the CUCM.

2. Once a user decline the call the second time, the call is dropped without being transfered to the voicemail by the CUCM Gateway.

I know the second part is not something we can work on here, but the first part of my problem is really anoying.

Someone have a idea on a possible workaround?

Thanks

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 MCTS: Lync Server 2010, Configuring MCSE

Monday, December 17, 2012 9:24 AM

Answers

• A case is opened with Cisco as it seem that the CUCM incorrectly generate a new call after the 603 Decline generated by the client.

I prefer to keep this post open, if the problem is finaly not on the Cisco side.

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 MCTS: Lync Server 2010, Configuring MCSE

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:23 PM

All replies

• Please check the Cisco CUCM 8.5 configuration. You can also use Lync Logging Tool to collect more information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:51 AM
  • A case is opened with Cisco as it seem that the CUCM incorrectly generate a new call after the 603 Decline generated by the client.

I prefer to keep this post open, if the problem is finaly not on the Cisco side.

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:05 AM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:23 PM
  • Generally if the user has a Lync phone, I've found it best to set a forward to Lync rather than using Mobility or something to fork.  There can also be issues with the forking in Cisco where after the Lync user hangs up, a few seconds of Cisco hold music can be heard.

My suggestion is to configure a seperate Lync Dial Plan in UM and completely move the user over to Lync to avoid these issues (by forwarding all calls for that number to Lync as stated above).  You would also need to modify any automated attendants that function as directory lookups to be able to contact users in the GAL, not just the Cisco Dial Plan.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:48 PM