Hiding Title from Federated Companies RRS feed

• Question

• We have auto-federation enabled.  Are there any configuration options available for hiding the title of our employees from federated companies?  We'd like the federated companies to see presence information but not titles.

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:05 PM

Answers

• Hi GregT8_at_Catapult,

I did lots of research and discuss with others, we did not find the way to hide the title for the federated companies. According to the official document, if the title attribute is defined in the AD, it will be visible to all contacts in your organization, regardless of privacy relationship, and to external contacts (if configured and recognized by your organization’s network). You could refer to the official document: Control access to your presence information in Skype for Business. It seems there’s no way to do this for now.

For this issue, I have created a feedback in the MS SFB Feedback website, you could also vote for it. Microsoft will improve MS products based on the feedback and hope this problem will be solved in the near future.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:21 AM

All replies

• Hi GregT8_at_Catapult,

I did lots of research and discuss with others, we did not find the way to hide the title for the federated companies. According to the official document, if the title attribute is defined in the AD, it will be visible to all contacts in your organization, regardless of privacy relationship, and to external contacts (if configured and recognized by your organization’s network). You could refer to the official document: Control access to your presence information in Skype for Business. It seems there’s no way to do this for now.

For this issue, I have created a feedback in the MS SFB Feedback website, you could also vote for it. Microsoft will improve MS products based on the feedback and hope this problem will be solved in the near future.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:21 AM
  • Thank you for the time spent and confirming this.

Appreciate you getting back to me quickly.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 11:46 AM