Importing Vista Management Pack - Group Missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I've just imported the 6.0.5000.0 Vista Client Monitoring Pack; but as I had to delete the previous version (6.0.1???) to do so, I've lost the "Windows Client Vista Computer Group" group from the SCE console. Of course I'm unable to recreate it as it already exists - in the WSUS console. Can anyone advise how I can get it to show in the SCE console once more?

Thanks

Dan

Edit: SCE also throws up this error:

"Operations Manager Group Not Found Error"

The SCE Group identified by.....could not synchronize to its associated WSUS Group identified by.....because the SCE Group could not be found.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 6:42 AM

Answers

• First, open the WSUS console to check if the group is there. If so, please delete it. Then, Open the OperationsManager database and chose the MT_DeploymentSettings table.

In the row, check if the windows Vista computer group is there. If it is, also delete it.

After that, recreate this group in SCE console to see if it works.

HTH.

Friday, October 10, 2008 3:24 AM
  • Hi,

Some updates. This is a bug in current Vista MP which will be fixed in the future release of the MP.

HTH.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:48 AM

All replies

• First, open the WSUS console to check if the group is there. If so, please delete it. Then, Open the OperationsManager database and chose the MT_DeploymentSettings table.

In the row, check if the windows Vista computer group is there. If it is, also delete it.

After that, recreate this group in SCE console to see if it works.

HTH.

Friday, October 10, 2008 3:24 AM
  • Hello Jie-Reng,

Thank you, that did the trick as far as the re-creation of the group goes, however after some 72 hours, the group is yet to populate with any clients. I have assigned it the rule "( Object is Windows Vista Client Computer AND True )" under Dynamic Members and ticked the "Enable Group Population" box. Have I missed a step that needs to be completed? (The group also recreated in the WSUS console, but it too is empty)

Thanks

Dan

Monday, October 13, 2008 12:47 AM
  • Hi,

We have aware of this problem that Windows Vista computers cannot be added into group dynamically. I have forwared to the product group to check the root cause. If any update, I will keep you imformed.

Thanks.

Monday, October 13, 2008 3:48 AM
  • Hi,

Some updates. This is a bug in current Vista MP which will be fixed in the future release of the MP.

HTH.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:48 AM
  • Thanks Jie-Feng

The required machines have been statically added to the group for now, all seems well so far.

Regards

Dan

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:06 AM