Outlook template too large to save. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

Does anyone know a fix for this.

"This template is too large to save. Please make it smaller, then try to save it again".

I have saved larger template with no problems. Also tried making the template much smaller, still getting this error. 

Regards,

Thursday, July 23, 2020 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hi gkhizer3,

Thanks for visiting our forum, here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client.

>> "This template is too large to save. Please make it smaller, then try to save it again".

Are you trying to create the Outlook template on the web mail? If so, as I know, it has a total size limit of 32 KB for all templates on the web mail. It is by design and we could not make changes to it. For more information, please check this article: "Template is too large to save" or "template couldn't be saved" error in the My Templates app in Outlook Web App.

If you want to create email templates larger than 32 KB,  you  can achieve this in Outlook desktop client. For your reference: Create an email message template.

If this is not your case, please provide me with more information related your issue for further research.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 24, 2020 6:30 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Sunday, July 26, 2020 11:30 AM
  • Hi gkhizer3,

I'm writing to check if your issue has been resolved. If Jeff's reply was helpful, it'd be appreciated that you can mark it as answer so that others with a similar issue can benefit from this thread. If you still need assistance on this, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 31, 2020 5:13 AM
  • Hello, 

No, im using outlook client and it wont let me save a larger template.

Thanks
    Wednesday, August 5, 2020 8:34 PM
  • [Note] This forum will be locked down, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. It is highly recommended to register the Microsoft Q&A Platform and create new thread in Microsoft Q&A Platform to continue the discussion.

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. I did some research about your issue but did not found any settings about the size limit of Outlook template.

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, what specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?

>> I have saved larger template with no problems. Also tried making the template much smaller, still getting this error. 
    What is the template size you successfuly saved without any issues? And what is the specific template size you failed to save and encountered errors?
    To conduct further researches on your issue, please try to repair your Outlook client and see if the issue has any difference.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Sunday, August 9, 2020 4:25 AM