none
Build Team From Enterprise Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I am trying to Build a Team From Enterprise using Project Pro. This are my steps:

1) Create a Project from PWA

2) Open the Project in Project Pro

3) Open Build Team and select a resource and pass it from left to right. Click OK.

4) Then the problem: te resource does not appears in the taks to be selected

If I save the project after step 3, no problem

I am testing the same steps in a diferente environment and no problem.

Does any one have any idea of which can be the cause of this problem?

Thanks!

Juan Pablo.
    surpoint.blogspot.com
    jpussacq.me
    @jpussacq

Monday, April 29, 2013 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Juan

What version of Project Pro are you running, is it the same as the server?

Does the issue repeat, on this problematic environment, with someone elses client?

Sounds very much like a client issue, I would check the SP/CU level. Or, try running the repair function, in control panels add/remove programs!

Monday, April 29, 2013 1:24 PM
  • Hi Rob.

It is very strange, because the problem is in Production Environment, and not in Testing.

Both environments has the same level of CU, and the client machine is the same...

Juan Pablo.
    surpoint.blogspot.com
    jpussacq.me
    @jpussacq

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:50 PM
  • Hi Juan

Are you opening the projects from the project cache? Perhaps, anyway, try clearing the project cache via the File menu, then closing it down and then retrying.

If no luck there, I would try the repair function in control panel, for that client. It may bring things back to normal.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:55 PM
  • Hi, not from the cache. I am using retrieve all projects.

I have just tried delete all the cache.

The problem occurs only when I create the Project from PWA...

I am not sure if repair can be useful, because the same machine has not problem whe I connect to Test environment.

Thanks!

Juan Pablo.
    surpoint.blogspot.com
    jpussacq.me
    @jpussacq

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:23 PM
  • So do other clients, have this issue on your live environment?

If they don't then try repair or do a reinstall of the client (remembering to patch to the relevant level).

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:14 AM
  • I think it is not the patch level, because we have Test and Prod similar, and the problem it is only in Prod. I think someting is corrupted...

Juan Pablo.
    surpoint.blogspot.com
    jpussacq.me
    @jpussacq

Friday, May 3, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Well, and this is the solution:

Symptoms of the problem

There are two symptoms for this problem, which are given under the following conditions:

- The project is created from PWA
    - The project uses an EPT without workflow
    - The project is then opened from Project Pro

Symptom 1:

The project is created with a simple plan template with only two tasks from PWA.
    When you open the project from Project Pro displays the following message:

"The Global Enterprise Already contains a group named 'No Group'"

This group cannot then be removed from the Organizer.

Symptom 2:

The project is created with or without template plan from PWA.
    After using Build Team functionality, resources do not appear to be selected in taks, except to save the project after creating the computer.

Cause of problem

The cause is a possible error after migration from Project Server 2007 to Project Server 2010. Apparently not ended properly disabling the backward compatibility mode: BCM- Project 2007 Compatibility Mode.

How can view the cause?

- BCM option is not active and disabled in Adittional Server Settings
    - Create a project from PWA using the default EPT
    - Opens the project from Project Pro
    At the top of the screen shows the message "Compatibility Mode". This message should not be displayed, because the server is not running in compatibility mode.

Solution to the problem

The solution is to open the Enterprise Global and make a minor change to Project Server to note that there is a change and decide to store a new version of it. A minor change may simply change the column width.

After making the change, save the Enterprise Global.

From there the following happens:
    - New projects are no longer experiencing the problem
    - In projects that have the problem, you can use the "Replace" at the time the message "The Global Enterprise Already contains a group named 'No Group'" and then save the project.
    - Projects should not present now the legend "Compatibility Mode"

Note that in some cases it may be necessary to clean the cache to take the new version of the Enterprise Global. This does not apply to those created from PWA because they do not use cache.

Juan Pablo.
    surpoint.blogspot.com
    jpussacq.me
    @jpussacq

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 1:48 PM