none
Issue opening a MPP File ("&Gantt" View) RRS feed

• Question

• Today I am encountering the following issue when I open the MPP file using Project Online.

I was able to make updates, checkin and publish the project plan without any issues a couple of days back.
    Below is a screenshot of the issue.

Even if I were to rename the view named &Gantt, every other user is also encountering the same issue. So it seems to be a blocker.

Thanks for any feedback so that I can figure out how to resolve the blocking issue.

Monday, March 16, 2015 4:24 PM

All replies

• To the best of my knowledge, I don't think there have been any changes to the enterprise template. 
    Monday, March 16, 2015 4:25 PM
  • Bomasamudram --

The warning dialog you see indicates that the Project Server administrator has accidentally polluted the Enterprise Global file with non-enterprise views and tables.  To resolve the problem, the Project Server administrator would need to open the Enterprise Global file for editing and delete the Gantt Chart view and Entry table.  He/she should then save and close the Enterprise Global file and exit Microsoft Project as well.  All PMS would need to exit Microsoft Project and relaunch the software.  That will eliminate the problem.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, March 16, 2015 4:49 PM