none
Migrating configurations and Calendars RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I seek advice on moving Configuration and Calendar of Project server 2013 from one to another instance. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Thursday, March 5, 2015 10:31 AM

Answers

• Indeed Playbook was for 2010 version and I've not tested it with 2013, it might not try. Thus you might need to use one of the 3rd-party app I mentionned above.

For the calendar migration, I've seen no blog but basically here are the steps:

1. Open a new project from your 1st instance in Project Pro, select the given calendar, open the organizer and copy the calendar from the global to your file and save your file locally,
    2. Close Project Pro and open it connected to the 2nd instance. From PWA, check-out the enterprise global, open the local file, open the organizer, copy the calendar from the local file to the checked-out enterprise global.

Once more I didn't test it but it should work.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, March 9, 2015 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Syed,

You can use the Playbook (it is for PS2010 but it might work for 2013 as well). It allows you saving all the config in an XML file and restoring it on another instance.

Otherwise you can use 3rd-party Tools such as Nearbaseline tool or FluentPro tool.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, March 5, 2015 10:40 AM
  • For the calendars, you might use the organizer to save the enterprise calendars in a local file from the 1st instance and save back in the enterprise gloab lon the 2nd instance still using the organizer. I haven't tried it but it should work.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, March 5, 2015 10:52 AM
  • Playbook gives me error that it can not find the PWA instance. I am using PS 2013. 

Sunday, March 8, 2015 1:22 PM
  • Hi, 

Do you have an example for above mentioned advice or some blog writing, steps etc..?

Sunday, March 8, 2015 1:23 PM
  • Indeed Playbook was for 2010 version and I've not tested it with 2013, it might not try. Thus you might need to use one of the 3rd-party app I mentionned above.

For the calendar migration, I've seen no blog but basically here are the steps:

1. Open a new project from your 1st instance in Project Pro, select the given calendar, open the organizer and copy the calendar from the global to your file and save your file locally,
    2. Close Project Pro and open it connected to the 2nd instance. From PWA, check-out the enterprise global, open the local file, open the organizer, copy the calendar from the local file to the checked-out enterprise global.

Once more I didn't test it but it should work.

Hope this helps,

Monday, March 9, 2015 7:03 AM
  • From our experience FluentBooks is the only tool capable for this task in Project Server 2013.  Playbooks as mentioned is for 2010 and not 2013, and was very buggy.

we use FluentBooks extensively and it works great!

http://www.fluentpro.com/project-server/configuration-management-products/fluentpro-fluentbooks/

Hope this helps,

Thanks, Eric S. Pcubed

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:17 PM