none
SQL license state after VL Install DPM 2012 SP1 with SQL on local server? RRS feed

• Question

• Seeking confirmation on what is the license status of SQL on my DPM server - will it expire or is it good to go?

My installation is VL DPM 2012 SP1 (I entered the System Center Suite product key) and selected to have SQL installed on the local server.

O.

• Edited by drnewo Friday, June 7, 2013 2:33 PM
    Friday, June 7, 2013 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you let DPM install the SQL instance locally, then it is properly licensed for DPM DB use only.   It will not expire.

If you Pre-installed SQL manually (even using same media from DPM) - you must enter a product key or the SQL instance will expire.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 7, 2013 8:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you let DPM install the SQL instance locally, then it is properly licensed for DPM DB use only.   It will not expire.

If you Pre-installed SQL manually (even using same media from DPM) - you must enter a product key or the SQL instance will expire.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 7, 2013 8:14 PM
  • Perfect - that's what I wanted to hear - I had let the DPM installation program install SQL locally as part of my whole install process.

O.

Friday, June 7, 2013 8:38 PM