Font Trouble RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a user who's opening a Word document on a shared drive, and the font is different on hers than what others are seeing.  I found the missing font and installed it.  When I opened the flyer again on her machine, the font was fixed, but the spacing between letters was off (big gaps). The only step I've tried is right-clicking on the highlighted font and choosing Font>Advanced>Spacing.  I tried the three settings, and nothing helped.  I'd appreciate any suggestions!  :) 

Friday, July 15, 2016 11:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Does this issue happen if we type in a new Word document using this font? Please also try creating a new Word document using the font in the shared drive to see if this issue continues.

What if you have the user download the document to his local drive and then open it?

Have you checked if the paragraph is set to Distributed? Please try pressing Ctrl + A and then pressing Ctrl + L to see if it helps.

In addition, please also try changing the Scale setting to 100% to see if it helps. Please also compare the other settings with the following screenshot to see if there is anything abnormal:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, July 28, 2016 9:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Sunday, July 31, 2016 8:29 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 7:52 AM