activeSync properties not showing RRS feed

• Question

• on EXCH2007 SP3
    existing user has a new smartphone
    all is working on the smartphone; it is sending/receiving emails
    on the mailbox properties manage mobile device is not listed
    I can execute the script Get-ActiveSyncDeviceStatistics -Mailbox mailboxname
    and get results

--
    REMOVE X from Xname AND Xdomain to reply directly
    STOP SPAM

Thursday, June 9, 2011 7:41 PM

Answers

• Open adsiedit, find the user and set msExchMobileMailboxFlags = 1
    James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:39 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 3:09 PM

All replies

• Quote "on the mailbox properties manage mobile device is not listed"

I don't see such property available in user mailbox property which is enable for active sync. What do you want to manage for this user. See below link for managing active sync property in detail.

Managing Exchange ActiveSync Users:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998239.aspx

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/mobility-client-access/mobility-client-access/mobile-messaging-exchange-server-2007-part2.html

Anil MCC 2011,ITIL V3,MCSA 2003,MCTS 2011, My Blog : http://messagingschool.wordpress.com
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:10 AM
  • From my understanding you highlight the mailbox but on the right actions pane you don't see manage mobile device. Does it not show for all users that have activesync devices? If it's not showing for the users that have activesync partnered devices then it's likely permissions.
    James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    Friday, June 10, 2011 1:47 PM
  • From my understanding you highlight the mailbox but on the right actions pane you don't see manage mobile device.
    YES

Does it not show for all users that have activesync devices?
    ALL OTHERS YES

If it's not showing for the users that have activesync partnered devices then it's likely permissions.
    WHERE IS THIS LOCATED AND HOW DO I FIX?. this user is "the same as all other users"

--
    STOP SPAM
    "Jamestechman" <=?utf-8?B?SmFtZXN0ZWNobWFu?=> wrote in message news:2af5ff75-f151-4128-b2f6-6b6fd079a193...
    From my understanding you highlight the mailbox but on the right actions pane you don't see manage mobile device. Does it not show for all users that have activesync devices? If it's not showing for the users that have activesync partnered devices then it's likely permissions.
    Friday, June 10, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Open adsiedit, find the user and set msExchMobileMailboxFlags = 1
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:39 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 3:09 PM
  • thats great, worked.... wrote it down in the list of commands to remember

--
    STOP SPAM
    "Jamestechman" <=?utf-8?B?SmFtZXN0ZWNobWFu?=> wrote in message news:458b7904-217a-47f5-b379-149bb7d2987e...
    Open adsiedit, find the user and set msExchMobileMailboxFlags = 1
    Friday, June 10, 2011 3:38 PM