Network Drive for the Boot Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I have another problem that I can't figure out regarding the boot image. Maybe someone can help me with some ideas, please. We bought a new model of computers and because the boot image didn't have the network drive for it I updated the deployment share. The new computers are working fine now, but I have problems with an older model. When I try to reimage it, it's telling me that the newtork drive is missing. I checked the driver and was loaded on the deployment share, but jsut for testing purposes I removed it and added again, after I updated the deployment share one more time. On the report generated at the end of the update process I can see the driver being injected, if I deploy an image using an older version of the boot image the driver is also installed properly, but whenever I try to boot from the new image I keep receiving the same message that it doesn't have the driver and I can't connect to the deployment share. On the WDS side I restarted the server, re-added the boot image, but nothing.

So, I can't find the cause why on the new boot image that particular driver doesn't work.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 1:18 PM

All replies

• You did add the driver to WinPE also?

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 4:26 PM
  • What do you mean by adding the driver to the WinPE? When I update the Deployment two wim file and two iso file are created in the boot folder of the deployment share. One is called LiteTouchPE_x64.wim and the other one is LiteTouchPE_x86.wim. This two files I import them to WDS as boot images. In this wim files I think all the drivers are injected and in the past this was the only thing that I needed to do to add a driver to the boot image. Is there anything else that I need to do?
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:07 PM
  • Adding drivers to the deployment share does not automatically add the driver to WinPE. Once you have added the driver to the deployment share, you have to right click on the deployment share and select Update Deployment Share . This will offer you the choice of cleaning the existing WinPE or recreating it from scratch. In either case, it will add all drivers in the Selection Profile to WinPE
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:36 PM
  • Yes, I did that. I mentioned this in my first post
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 4:44 PM
  • Best to start with F8 then looking at the x:\windows\system32\wpeinit.log file.

What does it say? what driver did it try loading, what INF file does the INF file listed in the wpeinit.log file match *EXACTLY* with the previous version, or did it change? did it match with the version on your server *EXACTLY*?

-k

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Saturday, April 30, 2016 1:51 AM