none
Display the status date in a report RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to display the status date in an MS Project 2013 report. However since the status date is not field of a task I can't display it in a table (e.g. for outline level project summary).

Perhaps the same question in a general sense: How can I display project fields such as project title and status date in the reports?

Thanks for your help and pointers.Kind regards,

Andre

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can use a spare custom date field with a formula. The formula is [status Date] which is a selectable field in custom fields, formula (field, project, date, status date), or just type [status Date].

Of course this puts the status date into every line.

I always reserve line 1 for the project start milestone and line 2 for the status date. It is a significant event. No output is complete without a clear statement of the status date.

The status date has a must finish on date constraint, as shown in the indicators column, and it is also stated in the task name.

I also include the status date and significant dates in the right hand header.

And I display the status date as a vertical red line on the Gantt Chart. format, gridlines etc.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Pls watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtuTYoELwM8

And use the field reference [Status date] in Date1's formula, instead of [Current date].

Ismet Kocaman | eBook on Formulas

• Marked as answer by Huismu5 Saturday, February 25, 2017 3:03 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:22 PM
  • Hi Ismet and Trevor,

Thank you for your replies. I've replaced the custom date1 field with the status date, but the project summary task has a status date of "NA". Only tasks that have been edited on a certain status date acquire the status date property.

Is this why you create a task named "Status Date" Trevor?

Thanks again for sharing!

Regards,

Andre

Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:38 PM
  • Andre,

Pls select Use formula option in the "Calculation for task and group summary rows" section for Date1 in the Custom Fields dialog box.

Pls also make sure that the Outline Level box contains Project Summary in the report for Date1's table.

Ismet Kocaman | eBook on Formulas

• Marked as answer by Huismu5 Monday, February 27, 2017 8:38 AM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 7:13 PM