Accessing Control Panel via Windows Explorer ignores my View setting for Control Panel and always defaults to Category View. RRS feed

• Question

• Accessing Control Panel via every other way results in it remembering to use Large Icons. I want it to ALWAYS be Large Icons yet every single time it is accessed via Windows Explorer it resets to Category View, which is by far the worst view out of them all.

Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Mother Board | 6 gig DDR3 1600 RAM | 2x 500g SATA2 HDD | Integrated sound | Gainward Geforce 250gts "Deep Green" 1024MB PCI-E (latest drivers) | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.
    Monday, November 15, 2010 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How do you access the Control Panel via Windows Explorer?

As my understanding, you want to type “Control Panel” in Windows Explorer to access control panel and view the items by large icons. If I misunderstand your words, please feel free to let me know.

You would notice that the location of Control Panel is Control Panel\All Control Panel Items when the items viewed by large icons. If you want to view items by large icons when access Control Panel via Windows Explorer, you should type “Control Panel\All Control Panel Items”.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:19 PM
  • Photobucket Clicking that, ignores my setting. I have Control Panel set to Large Icons and when accessing it via the Start Menu, it opens with Large Icons. If I open it the way I show in the picture, it always opens it in Category view ignoring how I have it configured to appear.
    Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Mother Board | 6 gig DDR3 1600 RAM | 2x 500g SATA2 HDD | Integrated sound | Gainward Geforce 250gts "Deep Green" 1024MB PCI-E (latest drivers) | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:24 PM