none
New Tasks on Home Page but No New Tasks Assigned RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who recently got a notification on her home page of 11 new tasks.

However, she had already marked all of her tasks 100% complete. The Project Manager said he did not update the tasks in any way. Below is a screen shot of how the tasks are tagged with "new" but are 100% complete. If we just open the task, the new goes away. Any ideas? Lastly, in the status, what is the difference between "Complete" & "Manager Updated"? Thank you!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:43 PM

All replies

• Check for this excellent answer from Dale on a similar thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/fb1943c4-0619-4003-be46-f6e29e612cbd/new-task-reminder?forum=projectserver2010general

When you say that the user marked the tasks in question100% complete, how did she do that exactly? If she clicked on the task in the "my tasks" page and update the task, it should not appear anymore as "new".

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:01 PM
  • Guillaume - You are really helping me out today! I did see the post by Dale and understand what it is saying, but I'm not sure if it really answers my question.

The user said she had previously marked the tasks 100% complete by going into Tasks and sending an update to the manager. But as an administrator (and I use that term loosely!), I have no way - that I know of - to know the audit trail of the task. Is there a way I can see exactly what was done on the task? Who updated it, how and when? What she said is that she updated it, then days later the "New Tasks" appeared on her home page. She was confused because she had updated all of her tasks to 100% complete.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:08 PM
  • Hi Stacy,

There is no formal audit for the tasks updated and submission. But at least you can go to the task approval page, go to the history for task updates and click on the task. Then you'll see all operations performed on the task.

See reference here:

http://blog.advisicon.com/2011/06/22/save-time-by-publishing-projects-online-in-project-server-2010/

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:30 PM