none
How to publish two different web listeners on port 80 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have sharepoint 2010 site published on ISA 2006 server using port 80 but I need to publish another site on the same port.

is that possible?

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:09 AM

Answers

• Dear all,

i configured the External NIC with the primary public IP and under advanced, I entered the other IP. When you creating the publishing rule, you can specify what external IP address you listen the connection.

it works fine

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:23 PM

All replies

• Ahmed, you can setup host headers on IIS to have two websites running on port 80.

Although I would not reccomend that, if you have 2 distinct sites with thier own settings and so forth, I would look into adding an additional IP to the server and setting up its own distinct site, that way, should you end up needing to install certificates forth eiter site, you will be good to go.

ex:

beer.mycorp.com (192.168.1.20) port 80

food.mycorp.com (192.168.1.21) port 80

• Proposed as answer by Jason Hiegel Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:33 PM
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Hello,

In sharepoint, just create and extend another Web application with a different FQDN than the one you already have. This will create a new IIS site with new host headers, as mentioned by Jason. When you have finished check IIS7 bindings (host headers are now called bindings in IIS7) and if they are not in there, just add them manually.

In the DNS server that is authorative for the domaon, create a new A record that points to the public IP address of the Sharepoint site an voila! IIS7 will listen on port 80 and redirect to the appropriate IIS site based on the bindings or host headers (whatever you want to call it).

Miguel

Miguel Fra / Falcon IT Services
    Computer & Network Support, Miami, FL
    Visit our Knowledgebase and Support Sharepoint Site

• Proposed as answer by Jason Hiegel Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:33 PM
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:08 PM
  • Dear Jason,

How can I add another Public IP to the same ISA Server??

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:51 PM
  • Dear all,

i configured the External NIC with the primary public IP and under advanced, I entered the other IP. When you creating the publishing rule, you can specify what external IP address you listen the connection.

it works fine

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:23 PM