locked
SCCM 2012 Discovery Methods Issue RRS feed

  • Question

  • I enabled the SCCM 2012 SP1 boundary discovery methods in my testing environment, and somehow I caused overlapping boundaries, which messed up clients in my SCCM 2007 environment.

    Can someone verify if I’m using the discovery process properly to prevent overlapping issues with my SCCM 2007 hierarchy? I need to get this right before trying rolling this out in my production environment.

    Thanks in advanced

    P

    Here are the steps that I took:

    After successfully installing SCCM 2012 SP1, enabled the following discovery methods:

    1. Active Directory Forest Discovery- unchecked the following

    "Automatically create AD site boundaries when they are discovered"

    "Automatically create IP addresses range boundaries for IP subnets when they are discovered"

    2. Enabled Active Directory Group Discovery

    3. Enabled Active Directory System Discovery

    4. Enabled Active Directory User Discovery

    5. Enabled Network Discovery

    6. Unchecked Site Assignment “Use this boundary group for site assignment” within Create Boundary Group.

    7. Disabled “Enable automatic site-wide client push installation” under Client Push Installation Properties

    Friday, March 22, 2013 7:28 PM

All replies

  • Step 6 is the trick... If you don't use site assignment, you wont have overlapping boundaries.

    If no boundaries are member of a boundary Group where site assignment is enabled you should be fine.


    Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: http://www.ronnipedersen.com/ and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

    Friday, March 22, 2013 10:22 PM