Service Manager 2012 R2 - Updating to Rollup 4 RRS feed

• Question

• I have updated the SM 2012 servers with update rollup 4, no errors, it was a successful upgrade. I checked the console (server side) to verify it's on the right version but it's still showing RTM.

Here is the installer I used on the servers - SCSM2012R2_CU_KB2989601_AMD64_7.5.3079.236.exe

I installed the patch on a client machine and it also shows the RTM version.

How do you get the console upgraded and/or verify the patch worked at all?

thanks

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 5:51 PM

Answers

•   oh ok, I got you wrong earlier. apologies.

Well in case of UR it won't reflect that it's installed. That RTM would only change if ever do SP or Release update.

In order to check what updates are installed you can verify from program->installed updates of the OS under the system center service manager category.

Shahid Roofi

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:24 PM

All replies

•    Use the same installer on x64 versions of machines hosting console. There should be a x86 version of installer also where you downloaded this x64 version, use that on x86 machines.

On the console only machines, the installer would tick only console installation success to your satisfaction.

Shahid Roofi

• Proposed as answer by Shahid Roofi Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:54 PM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:28 PM
  • Yea, that's what I did

The server has the console on it, I used the 64 bit installer. Still shows RTM.

I have the console installed using the x86 on a client machine which installs RTM.

I then ran the update below for rollup update 4 on the x86 client

SCSM2012R2_CU_KB2962041_i386_7.5.3079.148

Client still shows RTM

It's completing okay without error, I see files that have been updated, but the console is still on RTM

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:18 PM
  •   oh ok, I got you wrong earlier. apologies.

Well in case of UR it won't reflect that it's installed. That RTM would only change if ever do SP or Release update.

In order to check what updates are installed you can verify from program->installed updates of the OS under the system center service manager category.

Shahid Roofi

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:24 PM
  • I do see it showing the correct version in Programs / Features

Good to know about the console

thanks for your help!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:38 PM