Report on users location during the day RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My company wants to know the number of employees at each location at a certain time during the day. We have E911 set up, based on the BSSID and IPs per location. I need to know the number of employees at each location daily. Does anyone know of a PowerShell script or a way I can pull this information?

Any help or ideas on this is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 2:50 PM

Answers

• We were not able to find a way using Skype's location. We did find a way using SCCM and created an algorithm that populates a SharePoint page.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:44 PM

All replies

• Is there a way to find out how many users are connected to each subnet or which BSSID they are connected to?
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 8:04 PM
  • Hi Organic Valley,

We usually use SFB monitoring report to get the usage information for SFB server.

Based on my research, there is no such monitoring report can get the number of employees at each location at a certain time during the day so far.

For SFB server, it has a user activity report, for this report, it provides a detailed list of the peer-to-peer and conferencing sessions carried out by your users in a given time period. Unlike many of the Monitoring Reports, the User Activity Report ties each call to individual users, for more details, please refer to
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558638.aspx

I am not familiar with PowerShell script, our forum is focus on troubleshooting SFB using issues, for the script, we suggest you post in the forum below, there are more experts will help you with the PowerShell script
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?category=scripting

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:01 AM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 4:41 AM
  • Thank you. I did post the question in the other forum. I have looked at these reports and unfortunately it doesn't tell me the number of users per location, just how many calls/usage from that location.
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1:31 PM
  • Hope you get the result in that forum, or you could try to custom SFB monitoring report.

if my reply is helpful to you, you could mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar question.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:01 AM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:00 AM
  • Thank you, but no, it does not answer my question. These reports do not give me the total number of users per location, which is what I'm looking for.
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:18 PM
  • SFB server not has this kind of report
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 6:19 AM
  • We were not able to find a way using Skype's location. We did find a way using SCCM and created an algorithm that populates a SharePoint page.
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:44 PM