Autorun error RRS feed

• Question

• While using the Autorun facility to fix the missing DLL files in my laptop (windows 7) I am getting the below error
    "Autostart Program Viewer has stopped working"
    Please assist with a solution. Thanks
    Wednesday, July 15, 2020 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

An obsolete or defective version of Autoruns.exe can cause problems for your computer that can range from slowness to error messages

According to your description, I suggest that we could try use the command “sfc /scannow” to repair system files. If the error still insists and your system has a system restore point, we could try system restore to check.

Also, Windows 7 reached end of Extended Support on 14 Jan 2020. 

After that, technical assistance and software updates from Windows Update that help protect your PC will no longer be available for the product. I strongly recommends that you move to Windows 10 to avoid a situation where you need service or support that is no longer available.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 16, 2020 2:08 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 20, 2020 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

Since you have not responded for a long time, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If the reply is useful for you, please take it as answer.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Farena

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:11 AM