none
Win7 SSD and SATA HD Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I have been researching this and so far cannot find an answer.

I recently bought a new rig: OCZ SSD, ASUS sabertooth p67 mobo, intel i5 processor, and 2 120 gb sata drives.

The problem is that I cannot get the PC to boot to SSD if the satas are plugged in. I have tried installing to the SSD without the SATAs plugged in, and then plugging in the SATAa after everything worked. When I did this the PC wouldn't boot (Just a blank screen: though the SSD still appeared as a boot option in BIOS). I tried changing the SATA ports to raid, AHCI, and IDE and that still didn't help.

Then I tried installing the OS with all drives plugged in. The SSD was in AHCI mode and the 2 SATAs were in raid mode. Everything installed fine, but the system gives me a 0xc000000d error and fails to boot (did not get this error in the above setup).

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:40 PM

All replies

• You must resolve your system configuration problem so that Windows 7 can function properly on your hardware.  This is not a Windows 7 problem.

Recommend you go to the Asus Support website and post in the appropriate hardware forum to find out how to configure your hardware.

Hardware configuration is not the intention of this forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

It looks like a driver issue, Please update the SSD driver to latest version. Based on my experience, some SSD drive need the extra driver.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, May 27, 2011 8:51 AM