none
Contrast a schedule from the Draft Database with the version in the Reporting Database RRS feed

• Question

• We would like to have our schedule team understand changes made in PWA by our Project Leads.  Is there an easy way to contrast a schedule in the Draft database with the version in the reporting database?
    Monday, May 6, 2013 12:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

I solved this by opening the Published version in the client and then saving that version to my desktop.  I closed that version, then opened the Draft (working) version.  I then used the Project Compare version to compare the working version with the published version that I had saved to my desktop.  I guess I was hoping for a process that would have allowed me to do a direct version compare right in the Server, but this process is now documented in our SOP and it works.

Life is good.

Chris

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 11:23 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The Published and Reporting databases should show the same information, so PWA and any reports should show the same info. The easiest way to see differences would be to view the Project in Project Pro from the working store (draft database) and compare the version visible in PWA. To automate this in a report would require you querying the draft store using the PSI and the Reporting database using T-SQL.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:47 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I solved this by opening the Published version in the client and then saving that version to my desktop.  I closed that version, then opened the Draft (working) version.  I then used the Project Compare version to compare the working version with the published version that I had saved to my desktop.  I guess I was hoping for a process that would have allowed me to do a direct version compare right in the Server, but this process is now documented in our SOP and it works.

Life is good.

Chris

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 11:23 AM