none
Custom field not displaying unique data when you open project plan. RRS feed

• Question

• Hope someone can help me with this.

Client has created a project task custom field which for some reason does not display the unique data its supposed to.

Recalculating the project eventually displays the data (so it is there), but doesnt show up when you open up the project is first opened. Users are opening this in MS Project (2010).

Server = Project Server 2010

The custom formula being used is as below:

IIf([External Task] = "Yes", "EXT - From " & Right([Project], Len([Project]) - 3) & "." & [Unique ID], IIf(Len([Project ID]) = 0, "ERR - " & Left([Project], Len([Project]) - 11) & "." & [Unique ID], [Project ID] & "." & [Unique ID]))

At first it was affecting just to Project plans, but as of its started to affect more users.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First of all, you have to install the latest SP and CU.

See reference here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx

Then ensure that you enable automatic scheduling in 2010 by going to File -> Options -> schedule and set 'Calculate project after each edit' to On.

Finally, I understood that even after saving/publishing the project plan with the correct formula calculation, it doesn't show up correctly at next open? Am I correct? In case I am, are the project plans published correctly without any error message in the queue?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:12 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your reply. I had thought about installing the latest SP and CU (They are currently on SP1 and Dec 2013 CU), but being a prod environment its probably something to be left for later since this isn't happening in the test environment.

Yes, the values don't show up at the next open until the project is recalculated. Now this may sometimes happen consecutively or randomly.

Project plans are published correctly with no errors. I've tried checking ULS logs, but cant really see anything, unless i'm missing something.

Sunday, May 25, 2014 6:56 AM