none
OLAP Cube in Project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully created/build cube on my SERVER. But when I go to access from client, it says,
    "There are no Data Analysis views available. Contact your administrator to have views defined"

I have installed the OLEDB component, allow across domain data as well. Below is the snap shot for your references;

MAK-IT
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:13 AM

Answers

• Hi MAK-IT,

After successfully building the cube, you need to create at least one data analysis view. Create a data analysis view type view and assign it to correct security category then you will be able to see it here.

hope it helps

Regards
    Adil

From Microsoft Forums
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:49 PM
  • Hi there.

Do you have the URL in the IE trusted site zone and tested with the security level set to low (if you test this confirm that the cross domain access is allowed after resetting the level to low).

Do you have any firewalls on the client machines / servers / between client machines / servers? If so you will need to open the SQL AS port, default instance is TCP port 2383.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Have you added the Data Analysis views to the correct Security category?

Thanks

Paul

Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:07 AM
  • Hi MAK-IT,

After successfully building the cube, you need to create at least one data analysis view. Create a data analysis view type view and assign it to correct security category then you will be able to see it here.

hope it helps

Regards
    Adil

From Microsoft Forums
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:49 PM
  • Hi both of you,

when I am going to create a NeW VIEW, it is giving me the following error; whereas I am connecting the same thru Analysis Services.

MAK-IT
    Friday, October 21, 2011 4:26 AM
  • Hi,

I believe this is happening due to the insufficient rights of the user from which you are creating the Data Analysis view. Try another user or give rights directly to this user in database.

Regards
    Adil

From Microsoft Forums
    Friday, October 21, 2011 5:51 AM
  • Hi there,

Do you receive the same error from all client machines? What version of SQL Analysis Services are you using? What ASOLEDB package have you installed, 9 or 10?

Thanks

Paul

Friday, October 21, 2011 10:56 AM
  • Hi Adil,

I have given rigths as well but the situation is same. Further, there is no SQLSvc user exist on my Server.

MAK-IT
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:49 AM
  • Hi MAK-IT,

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using. I believe there might be some problem in later versions like IE 7,8. if you are using version 8 then try version 6 and see what happens. Try patching your IE with latest updates.

Regards
    Adil

From Microsoft Forums
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:11 AM
  • I am using IE 8.
    MAK-IT
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:21 AM
  • Yes, same error receive from all the client machines. I am using Version 9 of SQL Analysis Services and same version for ASOLEDB
    MAK-IT
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:22 AM
  • Can you please Try IE 6 because I believe i have seen this type of issue in IE8 or 7?

Regards
    Adil

From Microsoft Forums
    • Proposed as answer by Adil Hussain Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:22 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:24 AM
  • Hi there.

Do you have the URL in the IE trusted site zone and tested with the security level set to low (if you test this confirm that the cross domain access is allowed after resetting the level to low).

Do you have any firewalls on the client machines / servers / between client machines / servers? If so you will need to open the SQL AS port, default instance is TCP port 2383.

Thanks

Paul

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

Across domain access is allowed and no firewalls exists btw machines.

MAK-IT
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:55 AM