Call forwarding and voicemail RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am in the middle of a big deployment and I have come across a strange issue regarding call forwarding.

The scenario is as follows:

User A and User B are Skype for Business users and have their voicemail with Exchange UM 2010. User C is a Skype for Business user or an external user (it is the same behaviour in both cases)

1. User A forward all calls to User B
    2. User C calls User A
    3. Call is immediatly forwarded to User B
    4. When User B doesn't answer, call goes to user's B voicemail instead of A's.

This behaviour is bizarre for the caller (User C) as she is expecting to reach User A or her voicemail. This was the behaviour previously when User A and B where in an old PBX.

I have taken traces and I see that when call is forwarded to user B (step 3) the "diversion" header in the SIP call indicates that the original callee is user A, but this is information is not kept when the Mediation server calls the voicemail in Step 4.

Do you know if there is a way to modify this behaviour or find a workaround?

Thank you in advance.

Monday, February 6, 2017 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hi ManoloGarcia,

Did this issue occur to all users?

The voicemail should go into userA’s mailbox even though we could call forwarding. To this issue, we suggest you do the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Create two test account and configure call forward to check if the issue persist
    2. Update Exchange server, SFB server 2015 to the latest
    3. Try to re-create “Dial-plan” 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:48 AM
  • Thank you Jim Xu,

It seems to happen to all users, I have reproduced the problem with a test dialplan. We are some CUs behind in Skype, so I am going to try to update the SFB part and see with my colleagues for the Exchange part.

David

Saturday, February 11, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hi ManoloGarcia,

Are there any updates for this issue?

Please give us your tested result after you try to follow my above suggestions. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 1:43 AM
  • Hello Jim Xu,

Still waiting for the updates. Not easy to plan in a production environment.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:18 PM