Windows 7 Gadgets are malfunctioning, is windows going to patch this problem? RRS feed

• Question

• I bought an Acer Aspire laptop two days ago, it has Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on it. Initially, the gadgets worked great. After a huge number of updates,37 to be exact, suddenly my gadgets were all malfunctioning. Some are only partially appearing, while others aren't at all. I have never touched UAC, so chances are this is not the issue. The only program I've installed was Microsoft Security Essentials, which didn't seem to affect the gadgets. It was immediately after updating that I had any issues. Why did this happen, and how can I fix it, or better yet, when will Windows fix this problem?
    Friday, October 1, 2010 1:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is nothing wrong with Windows 7 gadgets as far as I know.  I started with Win 7 over 1-1/2 years ago and I have yet to have a problem with the Gadgets.  It is more likely that something in your system is causing a problem, not Windows itself.

I don't have an answer to your problem, but how can Microsoft "fix" something that isn't broke?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, October 1, 2010 5:16 PM
  • What updates did you install? Any drivers?

I would restore to a point before the updates and then install them one by one until you find the problem, if it really is the updates.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 7:11 PM
  • You may boot in Clean Boot Mode.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, October 22, 2010 6:46 AM
    Monday, October 4, 2010 9:07 AM