Cached Apps Looking for Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of our site SCCM distribution sites is currently down.  Several (but not all) applications which are 100% cached are failing with the error

"The Application Virtualization Client could not launch XYZ"

"The Requested Package does not exist on the server".

Since these Apps are 100% cached, should they not run without the SCCM distribution point?  I have tried putting App-V in Offline mode, and get an error saying

"The Application Virtualization Client is Currently in Offline Mode and cannot perform the operation requested"

Any ideas on how we can get these apps to launch?

Thanks

Rosy_55

Thursday, December 15, 2011 3:24 PM

Answers

• What are the RequireAuthorizationIfCached and AllowDisconnectedOperation values configured for on the App-V client?

Twitter: @stealthpuppy

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Rosy_55 Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:00 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:02 PM

All replies

• What are the RequireAuthorizationIfCached and AllowDisconnectedOperation values configured for on the App-V client?

Twitter: @stealthpuppy

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Rosy_55 Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:00 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Hi,

Awsome!  They were both set to 1.  I switched RequireAuthorizationIfCached to 0, and the apps start up now. 

Thanks again

Rosy_55

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:00 PM