none
DPM 2007 - Unable to sychronize after successful replica creation RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to perform a sychronization and recovery point on a file share that is 4TB large. For some reason the sychronization fails with ID 104 Details: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service (0x800705AA). The job fails rather quickly and I have space int he recovery point volume. There weren't any many changes as I was trying to run the sych very soon after the replica was created. The file share has about 500GB free. I have 16GB of RAM on the DPM server and ony 4GB is in use when running the job. No other jobs are running. I have another job setup against the same server, different file share with no issues. That file share is only 2TB in size. Any ideas?

Here is the pasted info from the DPM console alert.

Affected area: S:\
    Occurred since: 7/18/2010 2:00:12 AM
    Description: Since Sunday, July 18, 2010 2:00:12 AM, synchronization jobs for "server name" have failed. The total number of failed jobs = 3. The last job failed for the following reason: (ID 3115)
     An unexpected error occurred during job execution. (ID 104 Details: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service (0x800705AA))

Monday, July 19, 2010 5:53 PM

Answers

• PROBLEM RESOLVED,

Hey Guys, it looks like the problem was that I was being too stringent with the repllica free space. Even though I had more than 10% free in the Replica volume the backup would not complete. I allocated additional space to the replica volume and the recovery point was successfully created. Thanks for the above answers.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hi!

This could be caused by a lot of different issuies. The first thing that I think you should check if you have a minimun of 1 gb free on the file server disks where the volsnap services is executed. There was a fix released for the VSS Volsnap that could be downloaded at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887827

Since the risk of "flooding" the VSS you are able to change the location of the creation of the VSS data.

Verify that your VSS writers is in a stable state, run "vssadmin list writers" in an elevated (2008 server) cmd prompt.

BR

Robert Hedblom

http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com/

Check out my DPM blog http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com
    Monday, July 19, 2010 10:21 PM
  • Can you check on the protected File server if there is sufficient free space for DPM to track the journal change. 

Thanks,

Parag Agrawal

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:22 AM
  • PROBLEM RESOLVED,

Hey Guys, it looks like the problem was that I was being too stringent with the repllica free space. Even though I had more than 10% free in the Replica volume the backup would not complete. I allocated additional space to the replica volume and the recovery point was successfully created. Thanks for the above answers.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:26 PM