locked
EPM 2010: Error on Timesheet Save/Submission RRS feed

  • Question

  • Good morning,

    We  just went "live" on a new instance of Project Server 2010 and resources are unable to save or submit their timesheets.  When clicking the save button, the timephased view removes any hours entered the Status says "Error."

    The Queue shows that the Timesheet Update "Failed and is Blosking Correlation."  The error has the following:

    General

    Invalid ChangeList XML:

    StatusingInvalidChangelist (3130). Details: id='3130' name='StatusingInvalidChangelist' uid='c1eb8e77-59d2-42f0-be3b-c8493e6e2581' Message=''"' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 1, position 260.' LineNumber='1' LinePosition='260'. 

    Queue:

    GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - TimesheetUpdate.UpdateTimesheetMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='e67a79bd-15fc-4afb-ba3e-43a26251e9fd' JobUID='0b7db0c6-5ed9-4876-a651-62288953abef' ComputerName='ADFPRJ01' GroupType='TimesheetUpdate' MessageType='UpdateTimesheetMessage' MessageId='1' Stage=''. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine ADFPRJ01 for entries with JobUID 0b7db0c6-5ed9-4876-a651-62288953abef. 

    I am not using any add-ins--this is an out of the box install.  Single-Entry Mode is turned on.

    I did not encounter this issue ever during testing and I do not know where to look to fix this.

    Thanks,

    Bryan

    Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:50 PM

Answers

  • Sorry for the delay!

    The cause of this issue was that there was an ampersand (&) in one of the custom fields names that was in the timesheet.  Removing this and deleting the timesheet resolved the issue.

    Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:47 PM

All replies

  • Hi Bryan,

    Are you able to check the ULS logs to see if there are any further errors messages that may help with this issue? Do you have any special characters in any task names?

    Thanks

    Paul


    Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 5:59 PM
  • Hey Paul,

    I ended up opening a case with MS as my users being unable to enter their time sort of defeats the purpose of Project Server.  After 4 hours on the phone we could only determine that something was causing the Timesheet queue to fail.  Everything else in Project Server worked correctly.

    We created a new site and the Timesheet queue worked.  We attached copies of the DBs and the new site broke.  I uploaded DB copies for them to look at and they said they'd get back to me tomorrow.

    I'll reply back with the cause and solution.

    Thanks,

    Bryan

    Friday, September 2, 2011 5:18 AM
  • Sorry for the delay!

    The cause of this issue was that there was an ampersand (&) in one of the custom fields names that was in the timesheet.  Removing this and deleting the timesheet resolved the issue.

    Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:47 PM