Customizing page break for a group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm implementing a report with a group for product. I show the number of product for each group, so I'm interesting to show this aggregate number. I want to break after 5-10 instances of product group.

How can I do it, please? Thanks

Thursday, June 7, 2012 12:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Pscorca,

You should modify the page break expression as follows:
    =iif((RunningValue(Fields!Product.Value, CountDistinct, Nothing) mod 2)=0, True, False)

In this way, there will be two instances of the Product group on each page. Of course, you can change 2 to another positive integer value.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:34 AM

All replies

• Check this article. It may solve your problem.

http://www.sqlbiinfo.com/2010/07/page-breaks-in-ssrs.html

Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:34 PM
  • Hi irusul, it seems less suitable for my question.

I display only the row group for products and not detail rows. So, my report shows:

a) Product01 ... 300

b) Product02 ... 170

c) Product02 ... 190

I need to perform a Page Break after 5-10 instances of  product group. Perhaps I could do it by implementing a progressive number for the group, in order to assign the number 1 to Product01, the number 2 to Product02, and so on.

Thanks

Thursday, June 7, 2012 4:49 PM
  • Hi,

in order to enumate the each instance of product group, I'm using this expression 

RunningValue(Fields!Product.Value, CountDistinct, Nothing)

successfully (see http://codeluck.blogspot.it/2006/11/group-number-in-sql-reporting-services.html)

To trigger a page break, f.e., in the properties of the tablix member --> page break --> disabled =

iif((RunningValue(Fields!Product.Value, CountDistinct, Nothing) mod 2)=0, False,True)

(with BreakLocation = Between).

A little problem: in the first page I can see the first product group (wrong!), in the second page I can see the 2nd and the 3rd product group (right!) and so on.

I've almost solved my issue.

Bye

Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:35 PM
  • Hi, unfortunately I can see one group on the first page and two groups from to the second page. I've noticed that it is important to set the height of the body and the report.

I'd like to show the same number of group in the first page.

I've tried to change the right side of mod operator, writing the number 3.

Any suggests to me, please?

Thanks

Friday, June 8, 2012 11:21 AM
  • Hi Pscorca,

You should modify the page break expression as follows:
    =iif((RunningValue(Fields!Product.Value, CountDistinct, Nothing) mod 2)=0, True, False)

In this way, there will be two instances of the Product group on each page. Of course, you can change 2 to another positive integer value.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:34 AM