none
Capture R Output in VB / C# via R.Net RRS feed

• Question

• Hello community!

So, I've instantiated an REngine in the variable "Rdo", such that I can do things like:

Rdo.GetSymbol("A_Var_Name"), Rdo.Evaluate("R_Code"), and so on.

What I would like to do now, is have a textbox or equivalent (RichTextBox/WebBrowser/etc) capturing all R Output such that, when, for instance, 'Rdo.Evaluate("a <- c(1,2,3,4,5)")' runs, said textbox will also show 'a <- c(1,2,3,4,5)', or when something I try to evaluate is wrong and produces problems/warnings, they show up as well

I do not need an interactive textbox; in other words, I do not need to be able to type R Code somewhere to get the R Code executed by the Rdo REngine (not that if you know how to do that you shouldn't tell me - it's a nice addition, but not required at this time).

I've searched for and read posts on stackoverflow and google in general, but none of them worked for me.

(To be fair, a couple might have been able to work; i'm unsure as they were in C# and when I used a C# to VB.Net tool, the translated code couldn't be compiled - so perhaps it needed better translation.)

Saturday, February 25, 2017 11:58 AM