none
DPM 2010 backup schedule doesn't start RRS feed

• Question

• In DPM 2010 I created a protection group for backing up a SharePoint 2010 server. I use disk-based protection, and defined an Express Full backup schedule everyday for 13:00 and 20:00. I can manually create a recovery point, but the scheduling doesn’t start and I found no obvious errors. The DPM server runs in Windows 2008 R2. Any ideas around?

Thanks in advance,

Wim
    Friday, July 2, 2010 9:44 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Please make sure that the SQL Server Agent service is started.

In the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio - connect to the machinename\msdpm2010 instance, then under the SQL Server Agent - Jobs folder. Look to see is any of the jobs are failing - if so - look at the details to see why. 

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, July 2, 2010 4:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please make sure that the SQL Server Agent service is started.

In the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio - connect to the machinename\msdpm2010 instance, then under the SQL Server Agent - Jobs folder. Look to see is any of the jobs are failing - if so - look at the details to see why. 

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, July 2, 2010 4:15 PM
  • Hi Mike,

The problem was indeed caused by the SQL Server Agent which was not started. Many thanks!

Wim

Monday, July 5, 2010 10:53 AM