Multiple montors in Windows 7 - both screens lock up when signing into a Citrix based virtual desktop environment RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 Professional on a new laptop with Intel Core i7 and 12 GB of RAM memory.  I log into my office virtual desktop environment to do work in the office and remotely.  The VDI is supported by a Citrix platform.  In the office I use two monitors, the one on the laptop and a separate ACER flat screen monitor.  About once a week and sometimes more, when I sign on at the office both screens lockup in a black  background.  I have to have an IT person reset my VDI session.  It does not happen when I sign in remotely with just the laptop screen.  There are two other people in my office that use newly purchased Desktops running Windows 7 Professional and 4 GB of RAM memory.  They both regularly experience the same issue of the black screens and have to get IT to reset their VDI sessions and sign in a second time. 

So I think the locking up and returning black screens has something to do with Windows 7 and the multiple monitors.

Has anyone else run into this problem.  Is there a patch or fix for the issue on Microsoft.  Thank you for your help.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, it should be VDI connection problem, it would be better to contact Citrix support for further assistance:

http://www.citrix.com/support

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 6:32 AM