none
PWA 2016 site Read-Only...disable quota doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• Running Project Server 2013, at build version 15.0.4753.1000 (September 2015 CU). I just migrated a production instance of my company's PWA into a "production-scaled" dev-environment, running SharePoint 2016 Enterprise/Project Server 2016, using backup/restore/run the test and upgrade commands in Powershell. Upon the PWA provisioning to the PWA app I made and accessing my site, I was greeted with the below:

I found the below URL on disabling the SP Project Database Quota, but it didn't work...

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/2016/04/07/project-server-2016-if-your-pwa-site-goes-read-only/

....ULS log has the following entry:

Timestamp: 06/13/2016 15:07:47.64  
    Process: w3wp.exe (0x0C6C)                        
    TID: 0x0FB4 
    Area: Project Server                 
    Category: General
    Event ID: a57ir 
    Level: Medium

Message: Error is: GeneralDalDatabaseIsReadOnly. Details: Cannot invoke BusinessObject method PWA.RecordClientPerformanceMetrics because project server instance is in Read-Only mode

I've even gone as far as applying the May 2016 CU for SharePoint/Project Server 2016, rebooted the server, and ran the Config Wizard. I logged into the PWA...and I still get the same message! I re-ran the PowerShell from the above referenced article, and nothing... it's still in read-only mode.

There isn't much out there on the interwebs about this issue, beyond what I have already done. Anybody else come across this in testing? Were you able to resolve it? I look forward to any constructive feedback provided--thank you.

Monday, June 13, 2016 8:47 PM

All replies

• Any solution?
    Friday, July 1, 2016 9:01 AM
  • No. None yet. This is even after deleting the PWA and restoring the site from source backups on production. I take it you're having the same issue?
    Friday, July 1, 2016 11:57 AM
  • Try running the below command from Powershell, enter the product key when asked

Enable-ProjectServerLicense

- Ajith

Friday, July 22, 2016 6:57 PM
  • Try running the below command from Powershell, enter the product key when asked

Enable-ProjectServerLicense

- Ajith

Thanks --Ajith

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:19 PM
  • Hi!

I am try enterprise key

Enable-ProjectServerLicense -key ....

and get error

During start Project Server 2016 Preview
    An error has occurred. The product key is not valid for Project
    Server 2016 Preview.

I dont understand why "Project Server 2016 Preview"? I install official, not preview version.

Current License  SharePoint Server with Enterprise Client Access License

and field for change key is greyout.

• Edited by PYaroslav Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:00 AM
  • I figured out my mistake. For Project 2016 need separate key.

So command helped with read-only site

Enable-ProjectServerLicense -key

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:47 AM
  • hi

do you resolve your question?

now my project server 2016 is preview version but i install offical.

peardong

Monday, July 17, 2017 3:45 PM
  • Verify that the sql database is not in read only mode or single user mode.  Sometimes during migration, the production system is set as read only, so that project managers can still access the old pwa site.  However, when database is copied to new site, the single user mode is left on.   

Check with your SQL admins and verify that it is not in single user mode.

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Monday, July 17, 2017 10:34 PM