On a domain; how do I control what user shows at log-in screen by default? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client system on a domain which I have installed SteadyState on; all seems to function correctly using only the Windows Disk Protection on the machine. The issue I have is this. I used the local admin account on the client machine to install SteadyState and set it up. So in order to turn it on I must log in to the local machine account. All works fine but when WDP is on every time you hit the log-in screen it shows the local admin account @ user name and is set to Local Machine @ log-in preference. This means that every time a domain user goes to log in the must change the user account and log-in pref to domain.

What I want to know is how I can turn on WDP and have it keep the desired log-in screen settings of being the domain user account name and domain log-in?
    • Changed type Semper WiFi Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:13 PM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:12 PM

Answers

• Hi, have you tried disabling the following restrictions in Windows SteadyState:

Set Computer Restrictions | Remove the Administrator user name from the Welcome screen & Do not store user names or passwords used to log on to Windows Live ID or the domain

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, March 29, 2010 2:30 AM
    Friday, March 19, 2010 6:53 AM