Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Outlook 2007 Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed a Windows 7 Enterprise x64 machine (software assurance customer) in my Domain.

I am unable to connect to our internal Exchange 2007 server using Outlook 2007.  When trying to configure the account the following error is displayed:
    Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server mailbox name. The connections to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable.  Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.

Using an XP machine w/ Outlook 2007 I can access Exchange 2007.  I am also able to access it using the CAS server.

Using the same W7x64 machine I am able to connect Outlook 2007 to an Exchange 2003 server.

Any Ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Denis
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:12 PM

All replies

• I am pretty sure this has something to do with IPv6.

The exchange 2007 server is running Windows 2008 x64.  IPv6 was unchecked on the network adapter.
    The Windows 7 x64 machine also had IPv6 unchecked on the network adapter.

Pinging the server from Win7, would receive an IPv6 response?

I edited the host file on the Windows 7 machine to point to the IPv4 address for the Exchange 2007 server and everything works.

How can I be sure IPv6 is completely disabled?
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 3:38 PM
  • Denis,

You'll need to disable IPv6 in the registry to fully disable it. See here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929852

Good Luck,
    Jim Bayliss
    Corporate IT Solutions
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 4:48 PM