Printing reports with Microsoft Edge (Windows 10) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I can't print reports using Microsoft Edge from Windows 10

With IE 11 Works fine.

I've tried regsvr32 with rsclientprint64.dll but it's not working.

Any ideas ?

Sorin Sandu

Monday, August 3, 2015 5:21 AM

Answers

• Hey Sorin, the Reporting Services ActiveX print experience won't work with Edge. The team is working on a PDF based replacement for the next version of Reporting Services which will be available for preview in CTP3. 
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Sorin,

Can you press F12 and go to the network tab and then check the error message when you are trying to print the report.

Please Dont forget to mark as answer. It helps others to find relevant posts to the same question. Milan Das

Monday, August 3, 2015 6:06 AM
  • The print button doesn't appear.

Just like in Chrome

Sorin Sandu

Monday, August 3, 2015 6:47 AM
  • Pu the site into compatability mode in the IE browser and check whether it works.

If the above does not work then upgrade the .net framework to net 4.5.1 as this was  known bug  with 4.5 version and microsoft have added a patch release in the new version

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40773

Please Dont forget to mark as answer. It helps others to find relevant posts to the same question. Milan Das

Monday, August 3, 2015 7:10 AM
  • Hi

How can I put MS Edge in compatibility mode ?

Sorin Sandu

Monday, August 3, 2015 7:31 AM
  • It won't ever work in the Edge browser. Microsoft removed ActiveX support, which the print control is. You will need to use IE 11.

http://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2015/05/06/a-break-from-the-past-part-2-saying-goodbye-to-activex-vbscript-attachevent/

• Edited by JJordheim Monday, August 3, 2015 2:19 PM
    • Proposed as answer by JJordheim Monday, August 3, 2015 4:03 PM
    Monday, August 3, 2015 2:15 PM
  • In Edge, you can export to PDF and print from there. Else as mentioned by JJordheim, since Edge does not support ActiveX you will need to use IE11 on Win10.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by JJordheim Monday, August 3, 2015 5:37 PM
    Monday, August 3, 2015 4:33 PM
  • Hey Sorin, the Reporting Services ActiveX print experience won't work with Edge. The team is working on a PDF based replacement for the next version of Reporting Services which will be available for preview in CTP3. 
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 5:10 PM
  • Hi Rhys

That's the answer I was waiting.

So I will need to install a new version of SQL Server for Windows 10 clients.

Also contextual menus from pages of ReportServer are not working in Edge.

I can't launch Report Builder or manage security.

Sorin Sandu

• Edited by ssandu Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:56 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:39 AM