none
Run As Administrator not working via Right Click on search results

Question

• Since the Creators Update, when I search for a program (I.e. Edit Group Policy) I cannot right click on it to run as administrator any more. Browsing on the web, I found that after the creator update you have to find the actual EXE File and then you can right click on it.

Is there something that needs to be reenabled? Was this an oversight in the update and if so when will a fix be released?

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Rwood56847,

" I cannot right click on it to run as administrator any more."
    What is the exact symptom? There is no "Run as administrator" option, the option is greyed out or choose it doing nothing? Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, System)?

I have checked the symptom on my Windows 10 1703 Enterprise machine and it is available to choose "Run as administrator" option from the search bar.

Please try the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    1.Open an administrator command line and run "sfc /scannow" to check the health of system files.
    2.Ensure the UAC is enabled, we could try to disable it, restart the machine and re-enable it, restart the machine then check the symptom  again.
    3.Try to rebuild the indexing.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Indexing options\Advanced\Rebuild
    4.Try another account or create a new account.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:32 AM