Visual Studio 2010 - Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can some one help me on this - Sequencing Visual Studio 2010 Professional

Sequenced Visual Studio 2010, as per the best practice or Sequencing recipe published by Microsoft.

The shortcut "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010" failed to launch with the error message "Cannot find one or more components. Please reinstall the application", when deployed the sequenced package to app-v client.

Thanks in advance

Raghu

Raghavendra Rao V

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

1. You might have set a component to install on first use. It is never recommended todo so

2. You have a difference on the Windows baselines where you sequenced it on and the client computer you are deploying it to. Locate that difference and you will probably solve the problem

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 7:30 PM
  • Hi,

I am too getting the same error.

I have followed the same recipe which Raghu has followed. Sequenced Visual Studio 2010, as per the best practice or Sequencing recipe published by Microsoft.

Thanks,

Avtar Singh.

You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:55 PM
  • Hello,

Have you determined wether or not the 2 bullets suggested above are valid or not? If you determined anything, how did you do that and what conclusion did you reach?

Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:12 PM
  • Have you installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Full Profile AND Microsoft .NET Framework 4 KB2468871 on the sequencer AND client machine?

Friday, September 21, 2012 1:47 PM
  • Hi,

I have installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Full Profile and Microsoft .NET Framework 4 KB2468871 on the sequencer and client machine.

Regards

Raghavendra Rao V

Raghavendra Rao V

Friday, November 16, 2012 11:03 AM
  • Hello,

See this thread;

http://piers7.blogspot.se/2010/03/cannot-find-one-or-more-components.html

Most likely its relating to not all Visual C++ components beeing available natively, and before sequencing, on both the sequencer and the client.

On a 64-bit machine - I personally add about 22 of them. On a 32-bit machine - its about 11.
    See this post for a list of them;

http://www.applepie.se/setup-a-vm-for-packaging

Friday, November 16, 2012 12:30 PM
  • There might be problem at somehow your .NET Framework is getting uninstalled. So please reinstall latest version of .Net Framework and it will  run.
    • Proposed as answer by jojokoerner Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:25 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:52 AM