none
Bounce back emails to external domains RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Good People,

My users receiving bounce back emails when they are sending email to few external domains.

We user smart hosts, How do i start troubleshooting the issue ?

Do i have to contact the smart host support team as my external emails are routed via them.

Regards,

Arif

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try to add the DKIM and DMARC records in your DNS server. Some domains might use those records to verify the email is secure. 

For your reference:

On-Premises Exchange: DKIM and DMARC setup

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams. 

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:27 AM
  • As you are using third party hosted email gateway so contact your email gateway support team to implement SPF and DKIM.

They will provide details how you can implement this and what records needs to be publish.

Thanks, Ashish (I can be wrong but can't be rude) “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” MCITP, MCT, MCSE. Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 11:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please share bounce back messages report. There should be reason about why emails are not getting delivered.

Thanks, Ashish (I can be wrong but can't be rude) “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” MCITP, MCT, MCSE. Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:34 PM
  • Hi Ashish,

Thanks for the reply.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

xxxxx@larosagroup.com (xxxx@larosagroup.com) A problem occurred while delivering this message to this email address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

The following organization rejected your message: mx14.eu-west-2a.ess.aws.cudaops.com.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: EXCH01.xxxxx.com

xxxx@larosagroup.com mx14.eu-west-2a.ess.aws.cudaops.com Remote Server returned '550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (xxxx@larosagroup.com:550 5.7.1 This message does not have authentication information or fails to pass 5.7.1 authent...)'

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

It is generated by remote domain. You can ask them why your emails are getting rejected.

Mostly this happened when you don't have SPF record or your sending IP is blacklisted.

You can check if you are blacklisted on mxtoolbox.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:31 AM
  • Hi Ashish,

I checked my domain's SFP record and IP Blacklist check,All seems to be fine from my end.

I did mxlookup for larosagroup they are using gmail email service.

I am routing my email via external smarthost.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:42 AM
  • Have a look on this.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/gmail/el98PiSwc8U/wph_B-pECQAJ

If you are using third party hosted email gateway then you can ask them why emails are getting rejected while using their gateway.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:53 AM
  • Hi Again,

I tried sending the test email to the same domain and found that it is delivered successfully.

Delivery Report for  xxxx@larosagroup.com ‎(xxxx@larosagroup.com)‎

Submitted
    2/13/2019 12:59 PM xxxx-EXCH01
    The message was submitted to xxxx-exch01.xxxx.com.

Pending
    2/13/2019 12:59 PM xxxx-exch01.xxxx.com
    Message was received by xxxx-exch01.xxxx.com from xxxxx.xxxx.com.

Transferred
    2/13/2019 12:59 PM xxxx-exch01.xxxx.com
    The message was successfully handed off to a different email system. This is as far as we can track it.

No changes has been done but email delivered successfully this time.

May be it was an issue from external smart host which is now resolved.

Regards,

Arif

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

You can try to add the DKIM and DMARC records in your DNS server. Some domains might use those records to verify the email is secure. 

For your reference:

On-Premises Exchange: DKIM and DMARC setup

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams. 

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi,

There can a number of reasons like throttling, dns lookup failure etc.

I will still suggest to ask why email was not delivered. It can be happen in future as well so better is to know root cause.

Rest is all up to you how to want to respond on delivery failure.

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:28 AM
  • Hi Zhou,

Can you send the steps for creating these records on the DNS servers.

I think we have to create it on the public DNS servers right ?

Regards,

Arif

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 11:20 AM
  • Yes We have to check the root cause for this issue, So wil chat with google team and get the solution.

Also as suggested by Dawn Zhou, will add the records for my DNS.

Thanks,

Arif

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 11:22 AM
  • As you are using third party hosted email gateway so contact your email gateway support team to implement SPF and DKIM.

They will provide details how you can implement this and what records needs to be publish.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 11:50 AM
  • Hi Arif,

Do you have any further on this?

Thursday, February 14, 2019 7:43 PM
  • Hi Ashish,

As you said i have to contact my email gateway support.

Thanks,

Arif

Saturday, February 16, 2019 5:48 AM