Microsoft security essential issue RRS feed

• Question

• Facing issue  at Microsoft  security  essential  issue .  error  getting  can not start  Microsoft security  services .Pls help.
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 7:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Sumit Kumar_Agn,

Based on your description, I want to confirm that what error message have you got?

There are several general steps to narrow down the issue.

Step 1: Restart your computer

Step 2: Make sure the “Microsoft Security Essentials” service is set to automatic and is started

Step 3: Remove any existing Internet security programs

Step 4: Uninstall/reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials

For more information, please refer to the link:

I can't start the Microsoft Security Essentials service:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/i-cant-start-the-microsoft-security-essentials-service

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 9:50 AM

All replies

• Since when this problem started?

Did you installed any other Anti-Malware product?

Thursday, March 10, 2016 4:09 PM
  • I have deleted  Trend Micro  from it  after I want  to installed  Microsoft  security essential  that shit  only..Pls help..

Thanks in advance ..

Sumit

Friday, March 11, 2016 4:04 AM
  • Hi Sumit Kumar_Agn,

Based on your description, I want to confirm that what error message have you got?

There are several general steps to narrow down the issue.

Step 1: Restart your computer

Step 2: Make sure the “Microsoft Security Essentials” service is set to automatic and is started

Step 3: Remove any existing Internet security programs

Step 4: Uninstall/reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials

For more information, please refer to the link:

I can't start the Microsoft Security Essentials service:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/i-cant-start-the-microsoft-security-essentials-service

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 9:50 AM